The team at our auto repair shop is proud to offer complete steering and suspension services. We understand that your car’s suspension system is integral to a smooth ride, and we’re here to help you maintain it.
What is the Suspension System?
Your car’s suspension system is what provides a smooth ride by absorbing the shocks from bumpy roads and keeping the tires in contact with the ground. The suspension system includes the following parts:
- Springs: Helps absorb shocks
- Shocks or Struts: Dampen spring movement
- Control Arms: Keep the wheels in alignment
- Ball Joints: Allow steering wheel movement
- Bushings: Cushion metal components
As you can see, there are many intricate parts working together to provide you with a comfortable ride. That’s why it’s important to keep an eye out for any telltale signs that your suspension system needs some attention.
Suspension Warning Signs
There are several warning signs that indicate your car might needsuspension repair, which include:
- Uneven Tire Wear: This can be caused by worn out shocks or struts, a misaligned wheel, or inadequate wheel balancing.
- Persistent Nose Dives or Rear Sags When Braking: This indicates worn shocks or springs.
- Rough Ride: A bouncy ride can be caused by worn shocks or struts, broken springs, or bushings.
If you suspect your car might need suspension repairs, don’t hesitate to bring it into our shop! Our skilled technicians will take a look and let you know what needs to be done to get your car back on the road.