Welcome to Buellton Garage
Proudly Serving the Santa Ynez Valley, Buellton, Solvang, Santa Ynez, Los Olivos, Ballard, Los Alamos
Buellton Garage is a family owned and operated auto repair shop that has earned its trustworthy reputation through the years. Josh Hurnblad, grew up in his father’s repair shop, he was trained by his father and worked with him for 20 years before deciding to extend the family business by opening Buellton Garage.
Josh and his wife Jeni moved to Buellton in 2004 and fell in love with the area and the community. They are so happy to call the Valley their home and raise their three young children here. The next natural step for their family was to bring their business here.
At Buellton Garage you are treated like a member of our family. It is that personal touch and genuine care for our customers that The Hurnblad Family has been known for through the decades. We value building relationships with our customers based on trust and knowledge.
We understand that getting your car repaired can be inconvenient and sometimes stressful. We work hard to make sure you feel comfortable and secure. It is our goal to deliver honest, reliable, and quality service at a fair price.
Sit back and relax… Your car is in good hands.
We Provide Expert Service
Below are some of the many auto repair services we offer:
- After/Before Hours Drop Off/Pick-Up
- Air Conditioning Services
- Batteries, Starters, Alternator
- Car Rental
- Custom Lift & Leveling Kits
- Diesel Repair
- Clutches/Driveline/4x4 Repair
- Coolant Service
- Diagnostic Service – diagnose “check engine” lights!
- Electrical System Diagnosis & Repair
- Engine Repair & Replacement
- Exhaust Systems
- Factory Recommended Maintenance
- Fuel Pump Repair
- Fuel System Service
- Headlamp Restoration & Cleaning
- Heater Repair
- Oil Change Service
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- Priority Fleet Maintenance
- Roadside Assistance
- Shocks & Struts
Why Choose Buellton Garage?
- In most cases our customers are in and out the same day, keeping you on schedule
- 24/7 Vehicle Drop-Off
- Convenient text communication
- We service all makes and models
- We provide regular service reminder so that you don’t have to keep track.. let us do the work.
- We are the highest rated service facility in Santa Ynez Valley
- Our team maintains a high level of training
- We have assembled some of the most talented technicians in the area
- Our Technicians have over 75years of experience and training
- Friendly, helpful Service Advisor who strives for excellent communication, making sure you understand every step of the way what we are doing to your vehicle and why it is needed.
Quality Parts & Warranty
- We used the highest quality parts available whether it is OEM or after market, and we back them up with warranties to protect your investment. Our 24 month / 24 thousand mile nationwide warranty that we provide on most repairs is one of the best warranties in the industry.
Technicians You Can TrustOur team of experienced technicians perform high quality repair work at a fair price. Integrity and honesty are at the top of our list when quoting and completing auto repair work. Our team is always available to answer questions and provide useful maintenance tips. We stress consistent maintenance over repair work to save our customers money in the long run. Simple maintenance is much less expensive than huge repairs, and it takes less time. We find that many of the most expensive repairs we complete are a result of overdue maintenance.
We are a trusted auto repair facility, but we want you to hear this from our community, not us. Here’s what they have to say….
What Our Customers Say
“My favorite place to take my car. They always have time to squeeze me in. I love the peace of mind they give me. Always let me know what needs fixing and do their best to keep costs down, which I appreciate greatly. Wonderfully clean and friendly feeling place.”
Epitome of an owner-operated business who cares about getting the job done right, but also how the customer feels. From the moment i drove into the lot i was greeted with a warm welcome from Rob and Jessica (owner).
“My daughter’s car broke down while on her way from San Diego to Cal Poly. The Buellton CHP office recommended the Buellton Garage. We limped her car there after hours and got her back to school.
Sent the shop a message through Yelp and they got back to me right away to schedule an oil change. Really nice people and the waiting area was super clean. Very happy we found them!
I’ve only been in Buellton for a handful of months now, but we’ve been taking our cars to Buellton Garage exclusively since then. They are super friendly and efficient and reasonably priced. We haven’t gotten any major service yet, but when we need it, this is definitely where we’ll go
Auto Maintenance FAQs
• Thin brake linings
• Wear indicators
• Cracked linings
• Defective pads
• Poor quality parts
• Normal occasional brake squeal
Answering these questions will help a technician diagnose the source of brake noise:
• Do the brakes squeal all the time?
• Does the noise go away when the brake pedal is pushed?
• Does the squeal seem to occur only under light to moderate braking pressure?
• Were any repairs recently performed on the braking system?
• Loose gas cap
• Emission control device failure
• Engine computer and/or sensor failure
• Mechanical problem with the engine
• Transmission sensor or failure
• Up to 100 direct or indirect causes
If you've had your vehicle repaired for a Check Engine Light and it comes back on soon after the repair, it may or may not be related to the repair. Remember that the Check Engine Light indicates a failure of up to 100 different causes.
Because a Check Engine Light has so many causes, it is extremely important to have it repaired. Only by having your vehicle repaired each time the Check Engine Light comes on, can you safely operate your vehicle and be assured that you are not causing additional damage and expense to your automotive repair budget.
Note: DEQ will not test your vehicle if your Check Engine Light is on.
• Vehicle overdue for tune-up
• Fuel injections system is dirty or malfunctioning
• Computer or sensor malfunctions
• Poor quality of fuel
Answering these questions will help a technician diagnose the source of engine malfunctions:
• When was your last tune up?
• Is you check engine light on?
• What brand and quality of fuel are you using?
• Does your car hesitate or ping? At what speed?
• Is it worse when warm or cold?
• Alignment is off
• Brake calipers are sticking
• Radial tire pulls
• Worn suspension bushings
• Worn suspension parts
Answering these questions will help a technician diagnose the source of steering pull:
• Does it pull at all times, or only when braking?
• Does it pull only while accelerating?
• Were any repairs recently performed on the vehicle?
This recommendation is based on what the manufacturer calls normal driving conditions. Unfortunately, the term normal is very misleading. The vehicle manufacturers definition of normal is a vehicle that is driven long distances, and more than 30,000 miles per year (Most of us drive 10,000 to 15,000). Most people drive their vehicle under severe conditions. If you drive in extreme cold, dusty conditions, or stop and go traffic (most of us) then you are driving in severe conditions and should change your oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles.
Our goal is to not only prevent costly breakdowns, but also reduce your overall cost per mile vehicle expenses. Regular oil changes are the cheapest way to protect your automotive investment.
• Vehicle inspection
• Change transmission fluid
• Periodically change belts, hoses and thermostat
• Flush the cooling system
• Inspect brakes and flush brake fluid
• Replace air and fuel filters
• Replace timing belt and water pump
Our staff can provide you with the manufacturers maintenance recommendations for your vehicle and suggest services based on those recommendations and your specific driving habits.
Give us a call! 805-688-3444
•Out of gas
• Battery is dead
• Starter is worn out
• Alternator is not charging
• Shorted relay, switch or wiring
• Here are some questions to answer:
• What happens when you turn the key? Does your engine even try to start?
• Have you tried to jump-start the car? If so, what happened?
• Does your car make any noise when you turn the key? Click or grind?
• Do you have enough gas in you tank?